Here are a few pointers to help you make the most of the Bike & Go service...
- Check bike availability before you arrive at your destination station
- Perform our recommended bike pre-checks to ensure it is roadworthy and to check the video on how the lock works
- Always lock up your bike when not in use and attach it to a fixed object such as a bike rack or lamp-post, using both of the integrated locks
- Report abandoned or damaged cycles by contacting us
- Return your bike to any Bike & Go station within 72 hours. Bikes cost £3.80 per day (for each 24-hour period)
Before you set off, there are a few things you need to consider to make sure you’re safe on the road.
- Consider wearing a helmet
- Don’t use mobile phones or earphones while cycling
- Only overtake if it’s safe to do so
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Use cycle lanes wherever possible
- Don’t carry passengers or heavy items
- Pay attention to other road users
- Always abide by the Highway Code
- Use appropriate hand signals when turning
- Wear bright clothes during the day
- Wear reflective clothes at night
- Ensure the automatic pedal operated dynamo lights are working
- Make eye contact with drivers where possible
- Wait in front of other vehicles at traffic lights
- Don’t weave in and out of parked or moving vehicles
- Avoid passing large vehicles on the left
You’ll soon be able to continue your journey by bike.
Find your nearest Bike & Go station now.